UKC

DESTINATION GUIDE: The Dolomites - Via Ferrata

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 13 Jul 2015
An alternative Lake Garda perspective... , 3 kbLocated in northern Italy and with a unique mix of Italian and Austrian culture, the Dolomites has the highest concentration of via ferrata in the world, boasting some 170 historic routes.

James Rushforth takes us through his pick of the best via ferrata routes in the Dolomites, with some hints and tips along the way.

Read more
 Jim Malo 19 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC Articles:

Just returned from the Dolomites and the Sandro Pertinin via ferrata has been taken down.
 James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 20 Jul 2015
In reply to Jim Malo:

It's a shame as it was a great route. We've updated the Rockfax and UKC databases.

If you're interested some more information to be found at: http://altoadige.gelocal.it/bolzano/cronaca/2014/10/05/news/selva-scompare-...

I have to be honest I thought the court cases would be ongoing for much longer and then it would take a long time for it to be decommissioned. All happened very fast in the end though. I hope it didn't spoil your day too much!
Pique Boo 27 Jul 2015
In reply to James Rushforth:

Agree it's a shame. Did that route last summer with t'other half and 11yo daughter (a practised/competent little climber) and would have loved to go back there again one day, but I think that's largely because Vallunga made it such a relaxed/pleasant start and the local fauna did seem more 'special' compared to other VFs we've visited in the Dolomites. So perhaps they had a point.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...