UKC

fujifilm x20 / 30

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dazmac 13 Jul 2015
Hi All,

Looking at getting myself a new camera I like the look of the Fujifilm X20 anybody got one, what do you think? also any other suggestions on similar cameras to look.

Darren

ColinD 16 Jul 2015
In reply to dazmac:

I have the x10 and I really like it. I got it a few years ago to see if I like the format and could I ditch my slr kit. I've very rarely taken my 'big' stuff out since...

The only thing I knew was a risk was the power on/off, it's also a huge win in colder environments. The con is it needs two hands or a knack one handed, an assistant thigh or rock. It therefore can be awkward from a belay, needs an understanding leader/second. The zoom is ok, certainly enough wide for close and portraits. I've recently upgraded the firmware and it's a much better experience. I can only imagine the x20 is already ahead and of course it has better internals.

The optical viewfinder is handy on bright days, but I suspect the lens barrel still obscures and it's offset; parallax effect, you soon get the hang of it.

As to alternatives, I'm toying with second hand options, more for your pound, so either the x100 or x-2e with lens combos for the day. Less is more and having a fixed frame or limited reach is refreshing and zooming with my feet on an ab rope requires an element of forethought.

This might help, or not... http://dedpxl.com/fuji-x-buyers-guide-part-1-cameras/
OP dazmac 16 Jul 2015
In reply to ColinD:

Colin Thank you for that, I have had a few Fuji compacts in the past and like the setup. Going to have a look at some the weekend looks like my D80 will be getting sold soon.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...