UKC

Cheap and cheerful frame bag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Morning,

In the short term I've decided to take a punt on this cheap and cheerful frame bag I found on Amazon with free delivery and only £8.99.
It has a 3.5 litre capacity.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Big-Frame-Bicycle-Cycle-Bike/dp/B00JVWQ5X4/ref=pd_c...

I can't think it can be that bad for the price.
Does anyone have one of these

OM
 SteveoS 15 Jul 2015
In reply to Onion magnet:

I have an even cheaper one! A little rough around the edges but the fabric is good as is the stitching. I had a problem with the zip on mine as it wouldn't turn the corner properly, so I cut out a section of plastic from a milk bottle and stuck it on the inside to keep the shape.
In reply to SteveoS:

> I have an even cheaper one! A little rough around the edges but the fabric is good as is the stitching. I had a problem with the zip on mine as it wouldn't turn the corner properly, so I cut out a section of plastic from a milk bottle and stuck it on the inside to keep the shape.

Good to hear.
I only intend to use this as a stop gap between getting a custom one made.
Plus when I see things like this as cheap as they are I really can't help myself.

OM
 SteveoS 15 Jul 2015

It's when they arrive and you attach them to your bike and you think why would anyone spend £50 on one of these?!?
 The Potato 15 Jul 2015
I don't have one but my view is, there's no strap at the front so it'll swing about, and on that frame it doesn't look like there's room for either bottle cage.
Assuming no bottle cages used then this looks more stable
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00KKS5AU2/ref=pd_aw_sbs_200_2?refRID=09PW7...
Post edited at 12:04
In reply to Pesda potato:

> I don't have one but my view is, there's no strap at the front so it'll swing about, and on that frame it doesn't look like there's room for either bottle cage.

I also looked at those but they don't have the equal storage volume and are more expensive.

I don't use a bottle cage so It wasn't an issue.

OM
 Hat Dude 17 Jul 2015

> In the short term I've decided to take a punt on this cheap and cheerful frame bag I found on Amazon with free delivery and only £8.99.

> It has a 3.5 litre capacity.

This arrived the other day and it's actually not bad at all. Really spacious much more so than I thought it would be. It claims its 6 cm wide but I can easily get 10 cm objects in it. It looks durable enough but not fully water proof so I wont be storing anything that can't get wet in there.

My myti mug 650 and myti pot 900 both fit in easily and its still about a 3rd full.

Impressed .

OM

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...