UKC

NEWS: Lead World Cup Kicks Off In Chamonix - Ramon and Markovic Take Gold

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 16 Jul 2015
Ramon climbing to first place after a shaky start, 5 kbOndra misses the last hold by millimetres and Ramon Julian Puiblanque takes first place...

The Lead World Cup 2015 starts in Chamonix.

Read more

stp 16 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC News:

I wouldn't describe Markovic's victory as 'convincing'. Janja Garnbret topped the final route too and mostly made it look easier than Markovic. The final result was decided by count back so that's about as unconvincing as you can get in WC. Garnbret's performance was particularly impressive given it was her first world cup and she's only 16. It was very impressive the way Domen Skofic built her up as an amazing talent as she was starting and then she totally lived up to what he said.

I'm surprised by how much talent Slovenia produces for such a small country. The population is only 2 million. More than just chance?
 lenoakes 18 Jul 2015
In reply to stp:

Janja Ganbret is a special talent - even for Slovenia. She climbs with a fluidity that the best in the world cannot match. I had the pleasure of belaying for her in the European Youth Championships in Edinburgh. She is also extremely polite and has a delightful smile. She really does have it all and will be a superstar of female climbing for years to come.
I've heard that the Slovenian lead team train through bouldering most of the time. Anyone know any more about this? The coaches are definitely doing an amazing job.
 stp 19 Jul 2015
In reply to lenoakes:

Interesting to see that they repeated Janja's final at Chamonix in the wait for the semi's at Briancon. Shame she wasn't in that event though and is not listed for Imst either. Hope we'll see more of her later in the season.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...