UKC

waterproof running trousers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 shipton47 19 Jul 2015
I've got to get waterproof trousers for running and am looking at OMM Kamleika Race Pants, Montane minimus and Mountain Equipment Firelite. They will most likely no be worn often but need then for races any advice on them would be appreciated.
 galpinos 19 Jul 2015
In reply to shipton47:

I've got both the OMM and the ME. The stretchy-ness of the OMM was the reason I got them but the fabric is pretty sweaty. The ME aren't stretchy but the cut negates the need for the stretch and the fabric is a lot better/nicer. My choice would be the ME ones.

Caveats - the OMM ones are quite old and the fabric (Gelanots?) might have improved. Also, I lent the OMM ones to my partner for the Highlander, I wore the ME ones and we both were similarly satisfied with the performance/comfort.
 KlaasW 19 Jul 2015
In reply to shipton47:

I got some really thin and light rainproof trousers from Cotswold for £12. Wouldn't want to run in them but gets you past the race check and will be fine in case of an emergency.
 Neil Williams 19 Jul 2015
In reply to KlaasW:

I'm with you on that - I'd get way too hot and sweat too much wearing any kind of waterproof trousers running. For me they're for if you have to stop or walk in emergency, in which case cheapo ones are fine (and for the kit check).

Neil
ceri 19 Jul 2015
In reply to Neil Williams: I've got a pair of inov8 ones which are very light.

Steph Roberts 19 Jul 2015
In reply to shipton47:

have a look at these, pack down small and dead light. http://www.h18orr.com/collections/waterproof-clothing/products/minimalist-w...
OP shipton47 23 Jul 2015
In reply to shipton47:

Cheers guys gone for the ME firelites
 DaveHK 30 Jul 2015
In reply to KlaasW:
> (In reply to shipton47)
>
> I got some really thin and light rainproof trousers from Cotswold for £12. Wouldn't want to run in them but gets you past the race check and will be fine in case of an emergency.

Cheers for that, I've just done the same. Saved a good bit of weight and bulk out my OMM bag for 12 quid. Result.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...