UKC

Least bad way to get out of Le Havre ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GrahamD 20 Jul 2015
I'm planning a local pub to Paris ride for later this year.

We'll be landing in Le Havre - any suggestions / recommendations for the most bike friendly route out of the port heading East ? thanks
 Tom Valentine 20 Jul 2015
In reply to GrahamD:

There's going to be a hill!
 balmybaldwin 20 Jul 2015
In reply to GrahamD:

If you go Newhaven to Dieppe on the ferry instead I can send you a good gpx route all the way to the champs Elysée
 The New NickB 20 Jul 2015
In reply to balmybaldwin:

The OP is in Cambridgeshire, so I assume wants to sail from Felixstowe.
Removed User 20 Jul 2015
In reply to GrahamD:

There are some cycle paths and shared use paths on the Voie Vertes website. Have a google and see if something suits you. There is one the leaves along the north of the city which is not exactly in the direction of Paris but it will get you out, and if you have the time, Etretat, Yport and Fecamp are well worth visiting.

I'm just back from Normandy (and Brittany and Pays de Loire), but we sailed to Caen. Good luck.
 balmybaldwin 20 Jul 2015
In reply to The New NickB:

And miss out the beautiful run through the south downs?
OP GrahamD 21 Jul 2015
In reply to all:

Sorry I should have added: we are already committed to accommodation and crossing so heading from Cambridge through Chilterns, North Downs and South Downs to Portsmouth (2 days) and the Le Havre to Paris in two days, stopping in Vernon. Unfortunately I don't think I'll get away with putting in long detours up the French coast so its really getting out and south of the Seine I think. Thanks for replies so far

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...