UKC

Does anyone know the latest access info for Wildcat?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 hipyhop 23 Jul 2015
Wildcat
There have been a few reports of Wildcat access issue last month and the BMC RAD mentions rockfall in 2014.

I was just wondering if anyone has any definitive information on the state of access to Wildcat. Some pages mention New Bridge Buttress is currently off-limits.

Thanks if you can help
 jimjimjim 23 Jul 2015
In reply to hipyhop:
Thought I saw a thread on here a few weeks back saying it's all okay to climb with nothing more than the usual loose rock to be aware of but don't know for sure having not been there myself recently....

Bump
 jon_gill1 24 Jul 2015
In reply to hipyhop:

Hi there,we have just come back from there tonight.the main crag is unaffected as is beyond the path closure however we did not know how to access any other way so nipped around the outside of the bridge easy enough!

There was a sign saying that the path should be open again by the end of the month.

There were some very big lumps of rock lying around on or near the path and some chunks of tarmac missing where rocks had come down over a long stretch.also lamppost and fencing knocked over and even a park bench crushed!

Had a cracking evening there tonight and got some air miles too!
OP hipyhop 24 Jul 2015
In reply to hipyhop:

Thanks for the response guys!

Do you know if New Bridge Buttress, the bolted buttress directly in front of the bridge, is off-limits?
Cheers
 jon_gill1 24 Jul 2015
In reply to hipyhop:

I would guess so as there are boulders directly below it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...