UKC

Kit repair companies/persons?!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Dr Avinash Aujayeb 24 Jul 2015
Some gear of mine needs repairing- mostly zips on fleeces and soft shells as well as some stitching in some pants

Anyone had the same issues? And did you just send them away to some of the online companies advertising such services?
 yorkshireman 24 Jul 2015
In reply to Avinash Aujayeb:

Do you have any links to these companies? I need the zip fixing on a Salomon race vest - typical - 50c zip on a €140 piece of kit. I emailed Salomon who told me to take it to the shop with proof of purchase! It was a present, bought online by parents in the UK - I live in France, 50km from the nearest town anyway! I'm happy to pay, just want stuff to stop falling out during ultras - holding it together with safety pins at the moment!
 jkarran 24 Jul 2015

Try your local dry cleaner, they can probably point you to a seamstress doing alterations and repairs. Failing that look in the local paper or your supermarket classified ad's board.
jk
Dr Avinash Aujayeb 24 Jul 2015
In reply to yorkshireman:

Some of it is haglofs and mountain hardwear, a seamstress will probably work!

I have contacted those offices, but no reply

I also got asked to send an Arcteryx item to Switzerland....
 pacman 24 Jul 2015

http://www.lancashiresportsrepairs.co.uk/

did a good job on my sleeping bag and usually get decent comments on here
 dasc 24 Jul 2015
I have used Tundra Washington, in the past they seem to have closed tho'.You are now re-directed to:-
https://www.scottishmountaingear.com/contact-us.
Hth David
 top cat 24 Jul 2015

Buy a sewing machine and do your own. It's much easier than it looks at first sight.
 gd303uk 24 Jul 2015

for the sake of your wallet and peace of mind don't send your kit to Arcteryx to get fixed,
unless still covered by a warranty i would fix it myself.
 phil456 25 Jul 2015
In reply to pacman:

+1 for LSR

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...