UKC

Climbing holds on flight in carry on hand luggage.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dogfish 26 Jul 2015
Has anyone taken climbing holds in their hand luggage on a long haul flight (EVA Lon-Bkk) ?
Would an airline allow me to keep some in my carry on allowance?
I was hoping to squeeze a few more climbing holds into my hand luggage to max out my baggage allowance (12 kg of holds already in main bag) .
 Fraser 26 Jul 2015
In reply to dogfish:

That's a question I never thought I'd read on here, or anywhere else come to that. I knowi shouldn't, but I have to ask why you're transporting so many holds?
OP dogfish 28 Jul 2015
In reply to Fraser:

I have a small wall at home in NE Thailand that needs more holds and I have a box of holds in the UK . I don't want to pay to post them if I can carry them out there on flights. I'll be going out a couple of times between now and the end of the year.
I just wanted to know if a few could go in hand luggage ?
In reply to dogfish:

I carried the finishing volume in this photo (https://www.facebook.com/TheCircuitClimbingMagazine/photos/a.50912600923884... in my hand luggage from Manchester to Frankfurt to Geneva. At both security checks I had to explain what it was as it gets labelled Unknown in the security classifications. It got swabbed both times but no problems.

So you shouldn't have any problems but be prepared to spend more time at security.
 Fraser 28 Jul 2015
In reply to dogfish:

Cheers for clarifying. I suppose they'd be deemed unsuitable for cabin baggage if they could be 'weaponised' in some way - that's the usual factor to consider.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...