UKC

NEW ARTICLE: Kyrgyzstan - My Little Winkie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 27 Jul 2015
vdiff, 3 kbBig-Wall first ascents, donkeys and poor food choices in Kyrgyzstan. Neil Chelton gives an amusing account of his summer adventures.

Read more
 Roberttaylor 27 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC Articles:

Class.
 walts4 27 Jul 2015

Sounds like fun!
 Nomadguru 27 Jul 2015

I've always wanted to go back. I lived for 3 months in Tuura Suu valley several years ago and is on the list of returning. Especially knowing there's some climbing to combine with
 bensilvestre 27 Jul 2015

Smashing effort lads, cracking stuff
 Misha 27 Jul 2015
Great write up.
 shantaram 28 Jul 2015

Here's a link to Callum and Neil's great little film of the trip vimeo.com/88597192 Keeping the spirit of fun and adventurous climbing trips alive. Well done lads.
Post edited at 00:13
 odari 06 Aug 2015

Well done.

However, to pin flags on top of mountains is out of fashion since... uh, late 50s maybe? And for good reason.
In reply to UKC Articles: Good bit of writing there. It's much more interesting to read about the facts and experiences surrounding the trip than the tedium of the moves and the gear. Having just come back from a month in the Afghan Pamirs I completely sympathise with the pasta and onions thing.

Mark123 15 Aug 2015

Enjoyable article and also video, thanks. I'm off to Kyrgyzstan next week so this was useful -and I'm looking even more forward now.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...