UKC

NEWS: West Summit of Link Sar for Jon Griffith and Andy Houseman

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 30 Jul 2015
Andy and Jon next to the Western Summit of Link Sar, 5 kbJon Griffith and Andy Houseman have just returned from Pakistan having made the successful first ascent of the West summit of Link Sar, 6,938m, climbing the Northwest Face via a route they have called 'Fever Pitch'.

Read more
 alexm198 30 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Inspiring perseverance. Steve House springs to mind: 'Rock climbers and boulderers attempt their routes dozens, hundreds, sometimes thousands of times over weeks, months, or years. Alpine climbing is a bit different. Visiting the same peak twice makes it a project. Three times is an obsession.'

Big respect for getting back in the ring for another round, Jon & Andy, and congrats on the summit!
 Tom Last 30 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Great stuff!
 Mal Grey 30 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Excellent effort!
 felt 30 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC News:

The final pic in the article is real sci-fi, with some bloated star or gas giant in the background. Nice.
In reply to UKC News:

A huge, bold achievement, and great pics too.
 mbh 30 Jul 2015
In reply to felt:

That's a halo and an arc caused by light falling on ice crystals in the air. Like rainbows, except that those arise when light falls on spherical water droplets. It's a great picture.
 Mr Fuller 30 Jul 2015
In reply to mbh:

Yes, amazing picture. I'd never seen this effect until I went out to the Karakoram myself recently. The sun there really is staggering: in our group we'd people who'd been to 6 of 7 continents and places like the Sahara and none of us had experienced anything like it. Once the sun was out on the snow slopes it was like being in an oven.
In reply to UKC News:

That descent looks terrifying...
 Marq 31 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Excellent effort chaps. Have a safe journey home.

Marq

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...