UKC

Seeking Climbing Group / Friends

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
1982climber 02 Aug 2015
I'm new to the site - first post, hoping this doesn't come across wrong.

I'm 32, healthy and fit - love climbing mountains, got the taste for it last year with a two close friends who are on their late 40's and challenged with health problems.

I've struggled to arrange any climbs this year because of a lack of people to join me, I've been to the Lakes on my own but it's just not the same.

I'm wondering where people meet other climbers and if there are any climbing groups loca to me that I can tag along with on a regular basis.

I'm from Nottingham, UK.
 Skip 02 Aug 2015
In reply to 1982climber:

The BMC website has a list of affiliated clubs. May be worth a look.
 Kevster 03 Aug 2015
In reply to 1982climber:

Clubs are good places to network. As is the local wall. Go regular at the same times and speak to people. They'll soon chat back once they know your face.
There are some on line groups too.

Have fun k
 WildCamper 03 Aug 2015
In reply to 1982climber:

If you come up to the lakes again and need a partner, give me a shout
 tmawer 03 Aug 2015
In reply to 1982climber:

Stick a few more details in your profile on here about what you have done and enjoy, and ask for some specific dates and places eg. "Partner wanted for walking in Langdale on Saturday Xth".....or some such message. This is a good place to meet like minded people and usually works well. Good luck.
 stevieb 03 Aug 2015
In reply to 1982climber:

Hi, are you looking for rock climbing or hill walking? If walking, then there are a few ramblers associated walking groups in Nottingham, including at least one aimed at people in their 20s and 30s.
Being based in Nottingham, most of the walks will be in the Peak District, but you'll meet lots of like minded people, and there are weekend trips as well.
PamPam 03 Aug 2015
In reply to 1982climber:

Same for getting to venues on a regular basis and just get talking to people there; I'm not the most out-going person around but let's face it if you are at a climbing or bouldering wall there is already something in common to talk about and as I've found if you watch for long enough there can be quite a few people there on their own as well. If somebody doesn't want to talk then I don't take it personally - they may just be busy or particularly focused or like me just want to go to destress a bit

I don't know if you are into bouldering but have you been to The Depot at all? Sheffield is not that far either for a weekend to get to the climbing centres there. Why not give those a go?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...