UKC

SHOW REPORT: OutDoor 2015 - What's New? Rucksacks and Camping Gear Report

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 03 Aug 2015
Mountain Equipment Aurora, 5 kbThe UKC team recently returned from the annual gear-fest that is OutDoor Friedrichshafen. In this final selection of videos we take a look at some of the new rucksacks and camping gear set to hit the shops in 2016. If you're looking for a new sleeping bag or backpack, then some of these might be of interest.

Read more
 alx 04 Aug 2015
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Both Sea to Summit product presentations are first rate.

Interesting that Mountain Hardwear have totally ripped off the TNF Dark Star/Snow Leopard bags. Still, the Dark Star is a good bag, so I can see why they did.
 Mr Lopez 04 Aug 2015

Is that a very small woman in the Montane stand or a huge 38L rucksack?
 Brian Pollock 04 Aug 2015

New arcteryx cierzo bag looks almost identical to decathalon's simond 20L 250g(ish) climbing pack at £13. Even opens the same way.
 TobyA 05 Aug 2015
In reply to alx:
> Both Sea to Summit product presentations are first rate.

I did think watching all of these and the other UKC vids from the show that many of the reps have clearly not had any media training - while the Sea to Summit chap looked like he might have done. I guess filming all these interviews is a newish thing, but when you are on camera look at the interviewer! You don't look into the camera (or even worse, the person holding the camera) as you come across as a weird stalker type who the viewer is potentially going to find going through his or her dustbin in the wee small hours of the morning!

Anyway, love the Sea to Summit pop up pot and the look of that mat. Shame both are rather pricey. I'll be interested to see if the sides of the pop up pot are flame resistant enough for use with the more vigourous stoves out there!
Post edited at 07:08
 Zgemba 05 Aug 2015

Looking at the Blue Ice packs, is that also a new version (bent shaft) of the Bluebird axe?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...