UKC

Best 2 bike tow bar carrier for a VW T4 with hatch tailgate?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 birdie num num 08 Aug 2015
Hi folks,
Could anyone with a T4 camper van with a hatch tailgate be able to recommend a suitable 2 bike tow bar carrier? I was wondering whether a Thule easy fold 931 would clear the tailgate when folded?
I'm desperate Uckers
 BusyLizzie 09 Aug 2015
In reply to birdie num num:

I know nothing about bikes but read your thread because your posts are always entertaining ... but no, I cannot find any innuendo in this one at all, however hard I try. What am I missing?
 Dr.S at work 09 Aug 2015
In reply to BusyLizzie:

You are not trying very hard -
"I'm desperate"

obviously Mrs Num Num wants to go on a cycling holiday.
 Rory Shaw 09 Aug 2015

fiamma
 sleavesley 09 Aug 2015

Not a T4 but a T5 http://k3yak.com/atera-strada-dl3-fitted-to-vw-t5-california/

Perhaps give roofbox a call as I'm sure they'll be the best to answer that question.

Also have a look at the VW California forums, but I think the position of and type of tow bar (flange, swan neck etc) can have a difference.
 didntcomelast 10 Sep 2015
Only saw this post tonight so may be a bit late.

I have a Fiamma three bike carrier for a VW T5 which I don't need any more. It has been in my garage for a couple of years unused.
I am not sure whether there is much difference between the two models of van but if not and you are willing to spend a little cash it's an alternative to a tow bar carrier.

May be an issue around collection as I live in the north east.

http://www.murvi.co.uk/linkservid/618CFE45-043C-E1A4-E7B9FD7A41B9BCAD/showM...

this link will show a two bike rack its the one I have , the only problem is the struts holding up when bikes on. as its in aluminum its ok if not loaded.

sorry i'm not home at the mo, so i cam not help with who the manufacturer is. I will have a look when home, Wedensday of next week
 mark burley 12 Sep 2015

Fiamma on mine Birdie. With 2 extra rails to accommodate 4 bikes.
It seems to be the favoured option for most t4s with a rack fitted. Adds some extra weight but the gas struts seem to hold it, but don't open with the bikes on!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...