UKC

Calling all Coventry Climbers!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
BallroomClimbing 11 Aug 2015
Exciting news for all climbers in the Coventry area, the largest bouldering only centre in the Midlands is entering final negotiations to come to Coventry. More info to follow.
 Tobydud 11 Aug 2015
In reply to CovBloc:

Keep us posted... I'm in Nuneaton.
 chrisa87 12 Aug 2015
In reply to CovBloc:

Any details on timescales?
 JimboWizbo 17 Aug 2015
In reply to CovBloc:

Really exciting. Tell me where and I'll be there with a spade and a drill to help.
 KTC 18 Aug 2015
In reply to CovBloc:

Any developments on this yet?
 Simoisfab 18 Aug 2015
In reply to CovBloc:

Interested.... very interested
 old un 20 Aug 2015
In reply to CovBloc:

Keep me informed please as work in the industry and is right on my doorstep.
Thanks
 Jigi 20 Aug 2015
In reply to CovBloc:
As a keen climbing mum I would be interested to know if there are plans to include a decent children's section at the bouldering centre, and would be more than happy to volunteer to help to set this up. Please feel free to contact me...

BallroomClimbing 23 Aug 2015
In reply to CovBloc:

Hi all, a bit more information for you, we have had an agreement of terms with our Landlord for a building in a central location, we have to finalise this, dot a few Is and cross a few Ts, but hope to have this done fairly shortly. From there we will enter the fit&build phase which we are hoping to complete in approximately 4 months.

In the meantime, we would like to ask, what is it that you would like to see from the wall?
 Dandan 23 Aug 2015
In reply to CovBloc:

Training facilities!
Decent size warm up area with dumbells, therabands, yoga mats, chin up bars, gym rings, exercise balls, skipping ropes, etc
Large circuit board, systems board, woody, campus board, fingerboards.

What would also be amazing would be to have proper gym equipment like they do in American climbing gyms so that you could do your antagonist training there too. I realise that is considerable extra expense, but it would be good to see.

Oh, and some bouldering too I s'pose.
 Sprucedgoose 25 Aug 2015
In reply to Dandan:

Great News. What do we want? All of the above (if possible) and . . . . top priority, regular re-sets. People will travel for high quality, regularly re-set problems.

JimboWizbo 26 Aug 2015
In reply to CovBloc:

A decent coffee machine and somewhere to drink it.
Full range of angles including slabs.

Most importantly, good, regular setting
 Tobydud 01 Sep 2015
In reply to CovBloc:

would be great to include at least a small children's section. I regularly take my 5 year old to Creation in Birmingham, where the small bouldering area has a couple of 'slab' walls as well as vertical but with really close juggy holds. Whilst I accept that most serious climbers will want ferocious overhangs and crimpy holds, it is always good to include slightly easier routes for the more 'pedestrian' hobby climbers. As a military climbing instructor I'd also be interested in bringing small groups (4-5 novices?) on an almost weekly basis. Would this be feasible/workable?
 Twisty 03 Sep 2015
In reply to CovBloc:

Sounds good - as long as the current Bear Rock management have nothing to do with this venture...
 Dandan 03 Sep 2015
In reply to Twisty:

Doubtful if it's bouldering only...
 THETWIG007 10 Sep 2015
Anymore info?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...