UKC

NEWS: The Diamond Season Begins: 5 Hard New Routes in a Weekend

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 18 Aug 2015
Wiz Fineron gently encouraging his hand not to let go through the medium of staring, 4 kbThe Diamond in Conwy, North Wales was a hive of activity this weekend as a swarm of top climbers descended and left behind some quality new routes. Ben Bransby, Pete Robins and Pete Harrison have established five new lines ranging from 8a to 8b+/c.

Read more
 Tom Last 18 Aug 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Great shot of Caff on The Brute Rob.
In reply to Tom Last:
Thanks Tom, there was so much going on at the crag that day I didn't know where to begin!

After doing Boat People it seemed like a shame to lower back to the ground and miss an opportunity to get above everyone else climbing all the hard stuff. I've got another one of Jack Lawledge on Wall of the Evening Light - in the evening light - that I'll be uploading shortly, quite like that one because it's got a bit more of the crag/atmosphere within it.

Such a good crag and so nice to see it receiving so much positive attention. Pete's efforts putting in that via ferratta, not to mention the extensive re-bolting, have made such a difference.
Post edited at 14:23
 doylo 18 Aug 2015
In reply to UKC News:
8A boulder into 8a finish is 8c every day of the week. Also Brutal doesn't go into the finish of Diamond Dogs. Diamond Dogs finishes the same height as the Brute. The extension was never completed. And the Brute deserves to be that popular, best 8b in the UK.
Post edited at 15:27

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...