UKC

Camping around parisella's cave area?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 marko8182 19 Aug 2015
Hi all, I am trying to get some advice on good places to camp around parisella's cave area. I'm looking to go down for a few nights in a couple of weeks, it is my first time visiting the area but I haven't been able to find any registered sites near by (an elictric hookup would have been good for those small home comforts) but not needed as I have all the gear I need to camp 'wild' if needed just trying to find out where is best?
In reply to marko8182:

Wild camping on the Orme itself would need to be pretty stealthy; dog walkers are out pretty early, as are the wardens, and the goats can be quite inquisitive!.

I believe one of the plans the new owners (National Trust) of the farm on the summit have is to develop it as a campsite along with wildlife area, but this is very early stages.

At present there are few, if any, commercial campsites within Llandudno, with the nearest to Great Orme probably being http://dinarthhall.co.uk/ some 6km away
OP marko8182 21 Aug 2015
In reply to Ron Rees Davies:

OK great I'll check that out then thanks for the advice
ultrabumbly 21 Aug 2015
In reply to marko8182:

I stopped at Dinarth Hall site when I ran the NWP a couple of months ago. It's cheap and cheerful. Staff seemed nice. The tent area is quite a walk from the (basic but serviceable) shower block but that's only a ballache if you just covered 30 miles on the sunniest day of the year . You are however a little closer if you are in range of the electric hookups. It supposedly gets rammed when there are some local events on so check for that. The camping field is huge but the facilities would struggle when full. Apart from that, most of the other sites in the area seem to be mostly static caravan jobbies or caravan only. If you head the other way there is "Platts Farm" at LLanfairfechan probably only a slightly longer drive and is really nice little site with a bunkhouse too but it fills up and you would need to book. Even if you don't use a hook up at Platts they will charge your phone for you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...