UKC

Easy south snowdonia?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 flopsicle 20 Aug 2015
I'm off to Dyffryn Ardudwy on sat for a week with my 7 yr old daughter. We're both cycling bumblies but like getting off road. Daughter has only been on 2 wheels for a few months and doesn't really do hills but likes a bit of adventure.

I worked in Dyffryn almost 30 yr ago so I'm well aware there be hills just wondered if there's anything round Bala or the coast to make taking the bikes worth it?

I've Googled some biking 'centres' close ish but would love any recommendations or warnings.
 wilkesley 20 Aug 2015
In reply to flopsicle:

If you want to travel to Dolgellau there is the Mawddach Trail which is ideal for cycling with children. It's almost completely flat (old railway line).
 wynaptomos 20 Aug 2015
In reply to flopsicle:

there is a few miles of cycle track going at least part way round Llyn Trawsfynydd as long as you don't mind cycling next to a decomissioned nuclear power station. Lot better than it sounds, honest!
OP flopsicle 22 Aug 2015
In reply to flopsicle:

Thanks both. Ukc has worked it's magic again...
OP flopsicle 28 Aug 2015
In reply to wynaptomos:

Did Traws today. It was a good route but wouldn't have wanted to do it clockwise due to the stoney track on the hill. We met a proper biking family (kids all had Isla bikes) coming the other way and they said the downhill was a nightmare. We got sunshine too!

Super recommendation!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...