UKC

Big Bang fail....Why?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 26 Aug 2015
No matter how many times I watch serese 1 through 7, I cry out loud with laughter.

So what happened with serese 8?

I only chuckled every other episode. And I can only recal one or two belly laughs throughout the entire serese.

And as for the cliff hanger, I could not care less. Why has such a funny show gone off the boil?
 sbc_10 26 Aug 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

Inclusion of dark matter in the scripts.
 MrJared 27 Aug 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

8 years of laughs.... got to run out at some point right?
 LastBoyScout 27 Aug 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

Sheldon's OCD disapproved of how you spell "series"
Removed User 27 Aug 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

It all went to shit when they made Amy a regular.
 nathan79 27 Aug 2015
In reply to Removed User:

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.
OP The Lemming 27 Aug 2015
Wash your mouth out with soap and water.

I was getting bored with Penny and her tits. Amy was the best thing that happened to Big Bang. She breathed new life into the show.

And she is fekin funny.

youtube.com/watch?v=0DndWHW6pmc&

youtube.com/watch?v=JwhJrr_6Elk&
Post edited at 13:40
In reply to The Lemming:

They need to shake it up enough to get some new situations the characters can react to. They've done marriages so that leaves deaths and babies.

My money is on a baby for Sheldon and Amy next season.
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh:

I hope that they do not make any more.
 goose299 27 Aug 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

It was never good. Can it ASAP
In reply to goose299:

I think all Chuck Lorre productions are both awful and irritatingly watchable. They're so overproduced by big Hollywood studios that the scripts and acting feel like they've been polished to hell by an enormous team of milquetoast middle-of-the-roaders, and run by 20 focus groups before air. The irritating thing is I'll still turn his shows on, and feel my brain melt as I'm eating dinner. Why?
In reply to The Lemming:

Not to mention, unless you watch it on DVD all the TV channels will hack it to bits, cutting out scenes and punchlines, just to fit in more adverts.

I hate you Channel 4 and Comedy Central...
Removed User 27 Aug 2015
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

You do know you can download a copy of any individual episode of TBBT in HD within a couple of minutes that has zero ads and no censored content..
 neilh 27 Aug 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

They have run out of ideas especially now raj has a gf.

Brilliant series 1 to 7

Yeah of course, but when you plonk down in front of the telly with some food it's always the path of least resistance.
Removed User 27 Aug 2015

Fair enough.
 goose299 27 Aug 2015

After googling him, I'll let him off slightly as he writes two and a half men. I am quite partial to that if I catch it on the box
 tim000 27 Aug 2015

sorry , but this is the best scene ever. youtube.com/watch?v=nP21yQUpmSs&
 Dax H 27 Aug 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

What happened is the same thing that happens with every American TV series.
Instead of stopping whilst it's still good they keep going way past the point of it being funny/interesting/exciting. They normally drag things on for at least 2 series longer than they should.
In reply to The Lemming:

Having checked out your profile, I wonder if you turned eleven?
 MtnGeekUK 27 Aug 2015
In reply to Dax H:

Apart from:

Firefly
Caprica
Continuum
Stargate Universe

In reply to tim000:

> sorry , but this is the best scene ever. youtube.com/watch?v=nP21yQUpmSs&

You sir, are indeed correct.

Amy's finest moment.
 Dax H 27 Aug 2015
In reply to MtnGeekUK:

> Apart from:

> Firefly

> Caprica

> Continuum

> Stargate Universe

Every rule has its exception though I couldn't get in to stargate universe myself.

MtnGeekUK 28 Aug 2015
In reply to Dax H:

SGU is the only one I haven't watched. Fans reaction was mixed - partly due to it being so different from previous incarnations. Also going head to head with Friday night sports in the US killed it quite quickly. Is now on Netflix, so probably the next one to binge on.
 Flinticus 28 Aug 2015
In reply to MtnGeekUK:

Star Gate Universe was great.

However TBBT has always being a let down (there's a bad pun there somewhere): every show I watched was leaden, over-scripted, obvious, staged, wooden... It never was funny.

I sometimes read Sci-fi (reading Bitter Seeds at the moment), loved all the various Star Gates (a very funny & intelligent series among other attributes), Star Trek Enterprise, BSG etc. Used to buy comics. All this would indicate I should be a member of the intended audience and I wanted to like TBBT but I couldn't.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...