UKC

Elbow Misery

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sprucedgoose 01 Sep 2015
I've read a lot about injuries over the years on this site (unfortunately!) and (fortunately) learnt a lot.

I have a new pain in my elbow. I don't think it's tennis or golfers. If I place my arm straight in front of me, palm upwards the pain is located right on the mid-line of the elbow.

I know I need to get a proper diagnosis, I know need to find a good physio, but, before that point I wonder if anyone has experienced this and found an effective physio exercise / treatment / management strategy that I could try.
 Stefan Kruger 01 Sep 2015
In reply to Sprucedgoose:

Brachialis?
 Dandan 01 Sep 2015

without more info, I'd say brachialis too...
 La benya 01 Sep 2015

Yup, I'd say tendonosis/ itis of one of the bicep heads. Iirc brachitis isn't affected by sublinating your hand... Do you feel a twinge when you twist you hand around?
Same exercises as golfers/ tennis will help. As well as excentric loading (bicep curls concentrating on the negative 'down' portion.

I've also read recently that a lot of elbow pain is referred pain from the back. Ie weak lower traps/ rhomboids meaning your biomechanics are out and causing issues. There's many videos of an exercise for weak rhomboids. Laying on your face raising you hands up.
 La benya 01 Sep 2015
In reply to Dandan:

Ps. If anyone knows something about elbow pain.... It's probably dan dan
 Dandan 02 Sep 2015
In reply to mark_wellin:

For all the wrong reasons...
 BAdhoc 02 Sep 2015

not sure if its the same thing but whenever my elbow starts to 'tweak' after climbing upping the number of push ups I do seems to ease it off.
OP Sprucedgoose 02 Sep 2015
In reply to mark_wellin:

Thank You All. I'm pretty sure it's one of the bicep heads. With my elbow held at 90deg I get a twinge rotating my fist outwards against resistance (nothing in the opposite direction). Does this suggest one portion of the bicep or another?

I'll add the bicep negatives to the hammer rotations I've always done - thanks for that one.

Muscular imbalance - 15 years climbing, I've absolutely no doubt. Could anyone recommend a good physio in the Midlands who understands climbing?

I've been laying off the climbing but of course real life doesn't stop and recently moving house (and it's contents) has hardly helped!

Thanks again for all the advice - I think the rehab deserves the discipline of the climbing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...