UKC

Braeriach - Cairn Toul traverse by mountain bike - worthwhile ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Thinking of approaching via glen Einnich up to plateau, Braeriach then traverse over to Cairn Toul, then return the same way, having walked this eons ago, i can't really remember what the path up is like, a stiff carry for a good descent? if i seem to recall the plateau should be ok, there is a boulder field near Cairn Toul, this i can live with, so it really hinges on the best descent, anyone help with suggestions as to the viability of this expedition, or better to leave the bike by the lochside perhaps?

In reply to Andy Clarke1965:

The bike's very useful up Gleann Einich but personally I wouldn't bother with it on the hills. But then I don't go in for roughty-toughty mountain biking for its own sake, only ever as a way to get up glens
 DaveHK 04 Sep 2015
I know a few folks that have been up there with the bike and they agree it's not a great route. All carry from where you leave the main Einich path then no real path for a while followed by lots of boulder field. There is also no really good descent to make the carry worthwhile.
Post edited at 13:41
In reply to DaveHK:

Cheers guys, confirmed what i probably new subliminaly, don't really want to take the bike for a long walk, looks good on paper though!.

As stated not worth the walk with a bike.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...