UKC

4 season Primaloft sleeping bags . . .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Nordie_matt 07 Sep 2015
. . .are there any? If so are they any good?
My reason for asking is I am looking to purchase a new 4 season bag, but would prefer Primaloft over down due to ethical considerations as well as performance when wet.

Also my experience of Primaloft is that it packs down small and is very warm. So far I have only really found a 3 season Primaloft bag from Montane, but due to some bad experiences with their alpine endurance jacket (and that I want a 4 season bag) I am not too interested in that.

Any ideas?
 d_b 07 Sep 2015
In reply to Nordie_matt:

Ajungilak used to do some fairly good 4 season synthetics. I know mammut bought them a few years ago, so they may have rebranded.
 iksander 07 Sep 2015
In reply to Nordie_matt:

Any particular reason for Primaloft in specifically? How about a MHW UltraLamina 15?
OP Nordie_matt 07 Sep 2015
In reply to iksander:

No real reason other than I have used Primaloft previously, so I am familiar with it. I guess what I really want is a synthetic with good weight/warmth ratio and a decent pack size
 Andypeak 07 Sep 2015
In reply to Nordie_matt:

Some of the Mountain Hardware Lamina bags look nice.
OP Nordie_matt 07 Sep 2015
In reply to andy.smythe:

Yeah, will have a proper look when I get home this evening
2powern 07 Sep 2015
In reply to Nordie_matt:

Mountain Equipment Starlight IV, can be found for under a hundred squid. Quite bulky and heavy compared to a down bag, as is to be expected.
In reply to Nordie_matt:

The North Face Dark Star range is pretty good for serious cold. Used mine in Siberia and was never chilly. Climashield packs large but lasts longer, and not too expensive either

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...