UKC

Edale mrt Nine edges race anyone?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 deacondeacon 07 Sep 2015
Is anyone doing this at the weekend?
Looks like good fun although not going to deny I'm a little nervous.
Who's done it in the past?
Run it, climb it, both?
 Simon Caldwell 07 Sep 2015
In reply to deacondeacon:

Did the first two, but then they changed the dates and it's always clashed with something since.
Climbing both times, and both carrying a short rope, small rack, and rock shoes! First time we set ourselves the challenge of doing something onsight at each crag. Second time we allowed ourselves repeats but stuck to VDiff (I think) or above.

I don't think we set any records, but weren't last back

Quite fancy trying it as a run sometime.
OP deacondeacon 07 Sep 2015

Yeah, I'm still undecided wether to run or walk/climb. But veering towards walking and climbing.
I'm on my own as I got a last minute place so I won't be carrying a rack and rope.
 BusyLizzie 07 Sep 2015

I'm doing it as a walk. Would love to do the climbs but I'm just not fast enough! It will be a lovely day out, though, and the weather is looking good so far.

Lizzie
 Simon 08 Sep 2015

It will be my fourth, though not climbing this time. I'm hoping for good weather and a great walk. EMRT are superstars!

Good luck all

Si
 mungo 08 Sep 2015

I did it back in 2009, excellent day, we walked and climbed, had a bit of a nightmare with the last few routes we chose and got back last and in the dark but most memorable.
( and a great cause )

I still have the laminated route card with the last check point unstamped as a bookmark and memento... I never did enjoy a pint as much as I did that night.
You'll love it
Jamie
 drolex 08 Sep 2015

We'll be climbing it this year as we did last year - or better than last year I hope. It taught me one or two things about travelling light (at the expense of my back) and wasting time faffing with gear (at the expense of everything else). It was still a great day out; strangely, the closest thing to an alpine day I had in England.
 Big Steve 09 Sep 2015
I got a last minute place for this year, so will be walking it with my sister. I walked it last year but came second from last as my walking partner was slow and dropped out at Stanage, so this year I will be going for a better time
OP deacondeacon 09 Sep 2015
In reply to Big Steve:
Well not long to go now.
I twisted my ankle skateboarding on Monday, but it's starting to recover so I'll hopefully still be able to take part.
I've Sussed the route and now need to look at which climbs to do
 Simon Caldwell 10 Sep 2015

Given the latest forecast, I'd be looking for Moderates or opt for walking/running instead :-|
 BusyLizzie 13 Sep 2015

It was very wet in the morning! But a lovely day.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...