UKC

NEW ARTICLE: Van Life: On The Road #5

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 11 Sep 2015
Topping up the budget in Terradettes, 5 kbIn this series, we feature a variety of vans and their owners and getting into the geeky details of their vehicle and its set-up. Whether you're looking for vanspiration as a seasoned dirtbag or you're a VW virgin, you might pick up some helpful hints and tips...

Will and Becky were very keen to show-off their free-spirited Ford Transit. This big van named Bewi has been here, there and everywhere and is even used as a mobile shop to sell their homemade - or 'vanmade' - knitted BOBHats!

Read more
 Ramon Marin 11 Sep 2015
In reply to UKC Articles:

Finally a real "crankers' van
 willoates 11 Sep 2015
Cheers Ramon!
 heleno 12 Sep 2015
In reply to willoates:

Glad you enjoyed the rest of your travels, Will and Becky - Morocco looks amazing and is on our list for the near future. We may get in touch for beta at some point!

After Spain, we went on to Italy (Oltre Finale), Slovenia and Croatia which were absolutely stunning, though not as van-friendly as Spain.

Helen and Dom
(Your van-neighbours in Terradets and Siurana)
(In fact I think our van is just out of sight behind yours in the Terradets shot in your article)
 Paul Crusher R 12 Sep 2015

Enjoyed that read! And a great looking conversion.
 BeckyBrown1989 13 Sep 2015
In reply to heleno:

Hello!

So good to hear from you! Yes I think you think your van was just across from us. Thank you! Your travels sound amazing we would love to do that too at some point. We are just coming back to reality with a bit of a bump tbh!

Morocco was ace, maybe not as van freindly as Spain either though.

Get in touch with us about any beta!

Becky and Will. x
J1234 28 Sep 2015
Total respect for taking your van down into the samazar valley. When you were down there did you meet any locals. When I was there I could see quite a bit of habitation from the crag, but did not see anyone and weirdly no cars (possibly a truck) I sensed that there were people there, we parked near a little building (mosque?) but just saw no one, infact if I thought about it too much it made me edgey. I loved being there though.
Post edited at 08:22
 AlexBush 07 Oct 2015

Great van. I'd love a bit of that lifestyle!

On the oven front, just saw this and it reminded me of this article. Not sure you'd want to make a lasagna in it but looks pretty cool nonetheless: http://theboatgalley.com/omnia-stove-top-baking-oven/
 willoates 15 Oct 2015
In reply to AlexBush:

Ah yeah, some of our friends had one of those dohnut shaped ovens! Becky made an amazing chocolate cake in it, onsight!
Worth having, or mates used it all the time.
 willoates 15 Oct 2015
In reply to Reggie Perrin.

We very nearly didn't make it out of the samsar valley... It was epic. We saw about 4 men and 3 women from the village. The men sat under trees and chatted, the women collected lavender. One guy was well into an old car he had. Saw him fiber glassing and fixing it quite a lot.
Amazing place, still really remote, no helicopters or MR coming to get you if you mess up!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...