UKC

Good suggestion for drive south detour?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 fmck 15 Sep 2015
Got a last minute trip down to Birmingham tomorrow (Wednesday) for work. Traveling from Scotland and hoped to maybe split the drive down with a run somewhere scenic and in Northern England.
It can be hill, moor, etc but would like little navigation to speed things up so good paths would be ideal. Don't want to travel too far off the route down (M74, M6) but open to suggestions.
In reply to fmck:

Lakes?
 malky_c 15 Sep 2015
In reply to fmck:

Some good Marilyns near the M6 in Cumbria for you. I know you're itching to tick some more
 The New NickB 15 Sep 2015
In reply to fmck:
Staying very close to the M6, you could do Arnside Knot, will give nice views of Morecambe Bay and the Lakes on a good day. Good paths and only a few miles from J35.

Google it though, you might want something more adventurous.
Post edited at 12:13
 The New NickB 15 Sep 2015
In reply to fmck:

Something out of Kentmere, Ill Bell? More adventurous and not too far from J36.
 Simon Caldwell 15 Sep 2015
In reply to fmck:

Howgills - just off the M6 and some of the best running you'll find anywhere
OP fmck 15 Sep 2015
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

Any good suggestions for this area?

Simon Caldwell 15 Sep 2015
In reply to fmck:

Langdale skyline from Gasigill: Rispa Pike, Uldale Head, The Claf, Hazelgill Knott, West Fell, Langdale Knott, Gaisgill.
or a bit shorter, Tebay, Blease Fell, Uldale Head, Rispa Pike, Weather Hill, Tebay.
Or just get a map and make something up. Most of the ridges have good paths, so do most of the valleys.
 d_b 15 Sep 2015
In reply to fmck:

Might be too far north but there's a bunkhouse behind the pub at Scales, right next to Blencathra. I sometimes use it when I'm heading north from Bristol.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...