UKC

Big Rock - Milton Keynes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
joanneml 21 Sep 2015
Hi,

Am looking to find someone (or a group) to climb with at Big Rock Milton Keynes.
Whilst they have the social climbing Tuesday & Thursday evenings I can't always make those times - can be quite flexible with my evenings or weekends.
Have been climbing for some time and trying to put some extra training in as I go away to Kaylmnos in October with a climbing club.
Am a confident top rope and seconder - (have done a small amount of lead climbing as well - something I am trying to progress now). Climb to 5C level but currently focussing on technique / happy to second any other grades.

Joanne
 Potemkin 22 Sep 2015
In reply to joanneml:

Joanne,
Big Rock is super-friendly, so you will not have a problem finding a group just by introducing yourself. However, not everyone feels comfortable doing that, so here are some ideas:

You already know about their social climbing session, where an instructor will ensure you have someone to climb with, and will make you feel welcome. The instructors there are all absolutly fab, and really good at getting nervous or new people to feel at ease.

There is also a women's climbing session (I think Wednesday evenings), and just before that is a family climbing session (in case you have one of those).

You will also find the Milton Keynes Mountaineering Club are a friendly bunch who meet regularly, as well as doing regular outdoor trips. http://www.mkmountaineering.org/

Why not book onto one of their lead courses? I find many of the groups who learn together then continue to climb together for years afterwards.

And of course, feel free to PM me as I climb there and have many friends there also, and will be pleased to climb with you/introduce you!

I don't work at BR, by the way, but do love it!
 hazeysunshine 22 Sep 2015
In reply to joanneml:

Hi Joanne, there's a small group of Pinnacle Club members who'll be there on Saturday.
If that's of interest just PM me and I can put you directly in touch with them

Hazel
In reply to joanneml:
It’s great to hear such positive feedback for Big Rock from our users. We hope that you all continue to use and love the centre. And of course, we’re always happy to receive constructive feedback too, should you feel that we have room for improvement.

We’re always really happy to try to facilitate climbing hook ups for our users, so Joanne, please do ask the instructors or front desk staff next time you visit and we’ll advise on how best to find a partner.

Coincidentally, we are running a Ladies’ Only climbing night this Saturday (the 26th) so that may be an ideal place to meet some other regulars should you be free? You can find details of the event on our website here http://www.bigrockclimbing.com/latest-news/

I hope you manage to work something out and wish you the best for your holiday in Kalymnos. Enjoy your climbing!

Tommy
Marketing Manager
Big Rock Climbing Centre
Post edited at 11:59

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...