UKC

The Kendal Mountain Festival 2015 - 19 to 22 Nov

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

premier post photo
Kendal Mountain Festival is by far the largest and most varied event of its type in the world - it is also the main social event for outdoor enthusiasts in the UK.

Highlights this year include lectures featuring Tommy Caldwell, Ben Moon, Nina Caprez, Neil Gresham, Leo Houlding, Matt Helliker, Jon Bracey, Natalie Berry, Dave MacLeod, Ines Papert, Babsi Zangerl, Korrado Pesce, Patrick Gabarrou, Jeff Mercier, Chris Bonington, Robbie Phillips, Dave Pickford, Andy Kirkpatrick, Twid Turner, Kenton Cool, Tashi Serpa, Nicky Spinks and Sean Conway with more people and events to be announced!

'Kendal' is one of the leading festivals of its kind in the world. It is an internationally-known event, attracting film premieres from around the globe. Film makers, TV producers, adventurers, climbers and world-class lecturers gather to take part in four packed days of the very best films, speakers, books and exhibitions covering all aspects of mountain and adventure sports culture. It is also the main social event for outdoor enthusiasts in the UK and 2015 will be our 16th straight year.

HOW TO BOOK TICKETS
The dates are 19-22 November and tickets are available now. Book online - http://www.mountainfest.co.uk/programme - or by phone 01539 725133 - news as it happens at http://www.mountainfest.co.uk

ACCOMMODATION
Easily accessible from the M6 and by train and there are plenty of accommodation options in and around the town but you need to be on your toes as they fill up very quickly over the Mountain Festival weekend.

CAMPING
This year we will once again have a camping field but owing to its popularity, you need to book in advance - more info.

For all your questions, accommodation and travel needs go to http://www.golakes.co.uk here you will find all the information you should need for your visit to Cumbria, alternatively call the accommodation booking line on 0845 450 1199.
Post edited at 12:54
Lizzie 24 Sep 2015
In reply to Kendal Mountain Festival:

I have emailed the info address but not had a reply - I'd like to bring some students and wondered what the cost would be.
thank you
 donuthead8 14 Oct 2015
In reply to Lizzie:

Probably easiest to check out website for prices..
In reply to Kendal Mountain Festival: When will you be publishing the films that we can see with an all day film pass? There;s nothing on the website yet apart from the vague promise that you'll publish them soon (which has been there for ages).

Lessworkmoreclimbing 08 Nov 2015
In reply to Frank the Husky:

The box office told us they don't finalise the details until the last minute - she said maybe the day before (although maybe it's slightly before that if they're still producing printed programmes?) - so I would suggest you do what we did, get the ticket/s in the knowledge that you'll see some great films. To be honest it's the ones I didn't particularly intend to see which often impress and inspire me the most. Can't wait!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...