UKC

Finding the Roche Abbey bouldering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jwhepper 23 Sep 2015

Roche Abbey

I went to boulder at roche abbey a few months ago but only climbed on the crag about twenty metres from the abbey and overlooking the ruined gate. Having looked at the crag on UKC it seems there are 4+ separate buttresses, but I've no idea where!

Can anyone give me a brief description of where the others are? Last time I walked along the path adjacent to the ruins and then made a beeline for the first crag on the left.

Cheers for any help,
J-W
Post edited at 17:51
 overdrawnboy 24 Sep 2015
In reply to jwhepper: In the trees directly behind the car park and back up the vale towards Maltby
 Elliot Shiel 24 Sep 2015
In reply to jwhepper:

Hi. The climbing for Roche Abbey is as situated between the Abbey and Gypsy Lane.

If you look on google maps between the car park and Gypsy lane the buttresses go in order from the lane.

Gypsy Buttress is closest to Gypsy Lane, Car Park buttress is behind the car park, then- as you're looking at car park buttress- Beef is just to the right. Impossible roof is located over the other side of Gypsy Lane.

Hope that helps!
OP jwhepper 24 Sep 2015
In reply to jwhepper:

Amazing, hopefully get up there this weekend sometime.

Cheers for the help!!
 deacondeacon 25 Sep 2015
In reply to jwhepper:

Not sure what access is like at the moment but I'd recommend parking in the little layby on Gypsy Lane, and keeping a low profile.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...