UKC

NEW ARTICLE: How to Survive Your First Sport Climbing Holiday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 02 Oct 2015
Chasing the late afternoon sun on Sopu Tower, Gozo, 3 kbThe summer is drawing to a close and many of us are now looking forward to an October week or winter-sun retreat. Sunny sport climbing is a popular way to beat the UK winter blues, with the number of world-wide destinations growing year upon year.

Choosing the right destination, crags, routes, equipment and knowing what to expect from the trip and from yourself can mean the difference between an ok week and a brilliant week. Here are some tips to make that sport trip one to remember - and for all the right reasons.

Read more
 Xavierpercy 03 Oct 2015
In reply to UKC Articles:

I don't want to come over as "too preachy" but shouldn't the article also say something about the environmental consequences of air travel.
Climbers like to show that they care about their surroundings and litter, chalk, discarded finger tape, human excrement are all discussed in the context of the environment.
Air travel is a big polluter and the only way we can make a difference as individuals is to make less or no air flights and climb more locally.
I say all of this accepting that I own a car and drive on a weekly basis to the crag.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...