UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: Adventures on the Piz Badile

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 02 Oct 2015
Piz Badile, 4 kbTonight's Friday Night Video follows on nicely from our recent article 'The Occasional Alpinist's Guide to the Cassin.' In this video, Keith Ball documents two climbs on the granite peak of the Piz Badile in Bregaglia on the Swiss-Italian border, including The People's Direct and the most popular route on the north-east face, the Cassin Route or Via Cassin.

Read more
 Mick Ward 02 Oct 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Circa 03.08. His face!

Mick
 sprucemoose 03 Oct 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Representing the bog-roll tuna.
 springfall2008 03 Oct 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Does anyone have a link to the routes described above on UK Climbing, I can't find them?
 Doug 03 Oct 2015
In reply to treforsouthwell:
Not sure there's much in English, but try these
http://www.gulliver.it/itinerario/55935/
http://www.climberland.net/diretta/direttan_it.htm

Rob Parsons 03 Oct 2015
In reply to treforsouthwell:

The Cassin route is famous - it's one of the classic 'Six North Faces' - and is described everywhere.

The 'People's Direct' is described in the Alpine Club 'Bernina and Bregaglia' guidebook.
 Gael Force 03 Oct 2015
In reply to UKC News:
I think sub titles would be good as I couldn't understand half of what they were saying...
 Doug 04 Oct 2015
In reply to Rob Parsons:

Didn't occur to me s/he was asking for info on the Cassin !
 zigzag 05 Oct 2015
In reply to UKC News:

It took 10 minutes to actually get to the climbing which was indeed quite good while it lasted but a lot of time wasted on the video, no one wants to see a car on the road or filling up with fuel, get your priorities right next time guys
 Phil Murray 06 Oct 2015
In reply to zigzag:

Actually I really enjoy the car on road/ arriving at tunnel / campsite / bivvy hut etc. Makes it a more balanced video IMO & also reminds me of my own trips....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...