UKC

chalk ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chris Aston 02 Oct 2015
Chalk different types

Has any one tried frition labs chalk ?
If so which one ?
Is it any better than wild country chalk / metolius/ etc

Not a very exciting topic !
Tomtom 02 Oct 2015
In reply to Chris Aston:

Topic has been done to death, so I can't imagine you'll get much of a response.
Say something controversial, get the ukc juices flowing!

Anyhow, in answer to your quezzie, the three friction labs chalks are the same, just different consistency. Either fine, chunky, or super chunky. Does the same job, just depends how you like your chalk to come.

I like it, it feels gentle on the skin, I didn't feel the need to chalk up as much. I think it does work. But the price tag is crazy, and the effects could be in your head.
I've used metolius super chalk before, which I like but it messes with my eczema as it has a drying agent. I'm on moon dust at the moment, which I'm getting on well with, and will probably stick to now.

Is friction labs good? Yes. Is it worth the money? Probably not.
Try the small sample size and see for yourself, and assess whether you bank balance can take a pounding on a consumable like chalk.

Hope that helps.
OP Chris Aston 02 Oct 2015
In reply to Tomtom:

Thanks
Ysgo 14 Oct 2015
In reply to Tomtom:

As Tomtom says there are several threads about Friction Labs chalk.

My opinion is similar, give it a go. I really like it, and find that it lasts twice as long as regular chalk so it's only about 50% more expensive, and I happily pay the extra for the extra grip. It also makes me think more about my chalk use. I don't chalk up unless I need to. I spend less time faffing as a result. Horses for courses, but give it a go. They do 1oz, 2.5oz, and 5oz bags, which don't break the bank.
 polybagboy 05 Nov 2015
In reply to Chris Aston:
to be honest I haven't noticed a single difference after using friction lab and normal chalk. Personally i just use liquid chalk before I start a route and if needed will use normal loose chalk on a rest if needed.
 jsmcfarland 06 Nov 2015
In reply to Chris Aston:

as others say, I find the friction labs stuff lasts twice as long. Metolius superchalk or the wild country pure chalk seems pretty good. I use friction labs for projects etc

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...