UKC

where to get my shoes resoled?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GraMc 04 Oct 2015
Looking to get a pair of katana velcros and a set of five ten hiangles resoled. Where has good results for semi downturned/ downturned shoes and relatively quick turn around time?

Cheers.
 nawface 04 Oct 2015
In reply to Ginger McGrath:

llanberis resoles
Wiley Coyote2 04 Oct 2015

I used to use Cheshire Shoe Repairs who were very good and gave good service but to be honest eventually came to the conclusion that a new pair bought in the sales (often having to be hoarded till needed since sales and need rarely coincide) was better value than a resole.
Andy Gamisou 04 Oct 2015
In reply to Wiley Coyote:

> I used to use Cheshire Shoe Repairs who were very good and gave good service but to be honest eventually came to the conclusion that a new pair bought in the sales (often having to be hoarded till needed since sales and need rarely coincide) was better value than a resole.

Me too.
OP GraMc 04 Oct 2015
In reply to Wiley Coyote:

I'll maybe check them out although i think whena resole is done well its just as good, if not better than new shoes!... I used to use TCA who send them to the boldrini factory which make a great job, although I wouldnt get them back till november now
 natetan 04 Oct 2015

Llaniberis were best for me - Cheshire resoles, although cheaper for sole and rand, for fairly technical shoes came back a pretty flat meaning they became very non aggressive pretty quickly.

Also, I would not bother with a resole without rand again - the rand is probably super thin by the point of needing a resole and, if so, that gives pretty quickly afterward.
OP GraMc 04 Oct 2015
In reply to natetan:

cheers for the heads up - I had similar issues with LSR on a previous set of shoes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...