UKC

Shoe recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Djcandeland 04 Oct 2015
Hello, just starting indoor bouldering and looking for any recommendations regarding shoes, problem being I fit a 13 which is proving interesting to locate apart from local shipbuilders. So info would be great not looking to break the bank just yet.

Ta Dave C
 Roobag 10 Oct 2015
In reply to Djcandeland:

I bought a pair of Boreal Jokers which are a bit big but I bought them one size bigger than my street shoes (don't do that) based on other brands I'd tried but they are very comfortable they only come in a 12.5 UK size which would probably be the ideal size. Look on eBay for shoes that have hardly been used to keep it cheap. I'm guessing hard soled for a boulderer so may not be the thing so could give the Lynx a try.
 springfall2008 12 Oct 2015
In reply to Djcandeland:

Pop down to a local shop and try a few on, every shoe has a different fit so you need to test them out. Once you know what brands/size are a good fit you can always order online or buy second hand.

Don't make the mistake of buying a mega tight pair of shoes first time around, if you can't walk around the shop without your toes hurting then go bigger or for a different style. On the other size if your foot isn't snug it's too large.
Ysgo 13 Oct 2015
In reply to treforsouthwell:

> Pop down to a local shop and try a few on, every shoe has a different fit so you need to test them out. Once you know what brands/size are a good fit you can always order online or buy second hand.

And what do you do in a few years time when all the retailers who stock shoes are closed down, because everyone else did exactly the same thing? If you can't get to a shop to try them, then fair enough, buy online, but if you can get to your local independent retailer to try them on, buy them there. Don't waste their time and then buy them for £5 less from someone who's selling out of their back bedroom. Not to mention the fact that the best manufacturers of climbing shoes still make their shoes by hand, so there are always slight differences in the sizing from one shoe to another.
 polybagboy 13 Oct 2015
In reply to Djcandeland:

If you are looking for climbing shoes but don't want to break the bank I would recommend checking

https://shop.epictv.com/

i got my Genius's from them for 77 quid and they are being sold on other sites for £130

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...