UKC

Jefferson Airplane

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I have several Airplane albums from the era 68-70 but what seems to be missing is a really good live album that shows what they can do when they are flying. Does anyone know of any recordings that capture them in full flight?
 felt 28 Oct 2015
In reply to keith-ratcliffe:

I loved early Airplane. There's this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_at_the_Fillmore_East_(Jefferson_Airplane...
But it was released in 1998 long after I sought out their stuff and I can't say I've heard it. Pity it's not post Crown of Creation. Looks like there's lots on YouTube.
 graeme jackson 28 Oct 2015

Bless it's pointed little head was their first live album.
 felt 28 Oct 2015

Having said that, if you look at the archival releases on the template at the foot of that page there are lots of 'posthumous' live LPs...

felt 28 Oct 2015
In reply to graeme jackson:

Ah yes, there's that too. Another age....
 deepstar 28 Oct 2015

I was lucky enough to be at Bath Festival of Blues and progressive Music in june 1970 and saw their unfortunately brief set, they never really seemed to get going due to the rain.
 John2 28 Oct 2015

The Monterey Festival album is the only one I know of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_at_the_Monterey_Festival .
I've got this version http://www.allmusic.com/album/the-monterey-international-pop-festival-june-... which also contains a great set from The Who.
 pneame 29 Oct 2015
In reply to deepstar:

Dude! Where were you sitting? That was one of my formative youthful experiences. Not airplane- the bath festival. Cosmic

Did get into a little trouble for taking Friday and Monday off school. "I'm a little disappointed in you, Neame...."
Andy Gamisou 29 Oct 2015

There's a few on YouTube, such as: youtube.com/watch?v=9fMx7pUgCPQ&

Failing that, why not just go ask Alice?
 deepstar 29 Oct 2015
In reply to pneame:

Hi Pete, what a festival, the best line up ever! I was in a group of about 20 from Bath and we had a long tarpaulin which we sat under for most of the weekend, we were 100 yards back, stage right.
In reply to deepstar:
> I was lucky enough to be at Bath Festival ... in june 1970

Blimey! You must be as old as me then

I saw the Airplane in San Francisco in 1967 then at The Roundhouse and on Parliament Hill in 1968 then at Bath.

Their 'official' live LP is 'Bless Its Pointed Little Head' - cover photo of Jack Casady slumped over a banquet table clasping a bottle of wine.

OMR 29 Oct 2015

There's also a double album with the Volunteers CD and their full set from Woodstock.
 pneame 29 Oct 2015
In reply to deepstar:
Over to your left then... I can vividly remember hearing Atom Heart Mother after coming back in a state of bliss after taking a desperately needed leak.

------------
and good grief.... it's on the web
youtube.com/watch?v=CVx1lOf1VEc&
Post edited at 12:17
In reply to deepstar:

I was there too!
In reply to Willi Crater:

...... I think she'll know.

Thanks everyone for the replies - I have Bless its Pointed Little Head but the Fillmore one was knew and I have just downloaded it - thanks also for prompting recollections of The Bath Festival.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...