UKC

Chamonix Rapid Card: Renewal question

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 smithaldo 02 Nov 2015
Hi all,

I've had my rapidcard auto renewed (which is totally fine by me as it is a great deal) but...... does anyone know if the 8th day free rolls on year to year?

I think I used it 5 days last year and I think I saw someone somewhere saying it did roll on, but wondered whether anyone has hands on experience of this happening.

It doesnt really matter either way but it would be nice to get a free day!

Had a great bonus last year when the week I had booked was by coincidence the week they decided to offer an extra 30% off, meaning a days pass was like 30 euro!

Rob84 02 Nov 2015
In reply to smithaldo:

Yes it does roll over - or at least it has done for the last few years and I don't think anything has changed. Plus you also get your first day free if you had a card the previous year - it's a good deal all round in my book and gives you loads of flexibility if you want a day touring/in another resort/rest day as you only pay for what you use.
 Mr-Cowdrey 02 Nov 2015
In reply to smithaldo:

I was thinking of getting the Rapid card this year as I don't think I'll be in Cham enough throughout the season to warrent a season pass. Does it have similar benefits as the Unlimited? For example, can I ski in Courmayeur with it like you can with the unlimited?
OP smithaldo 03 Nov 2015
In reply to Mr-Cowdrey: pretty sure it doesn't work in courmayeur or verbier etc. Check on the cmb website?

OP smithaldo 25 Nov 2015
In reply to Rob84:

Cheers rob, I got it on your reccomendation from when Will was laid up poorly and I ended up paying more for four hours at les houches on that minging day than I ever would have with a rapid card.

I've logged into my account and it does seem to suggest they will roll over.

You out in cham much this year? booked two trips 20-29 feb and 11-20 march, maybe catch up for a ski.

Phil
 chris bedford 25 Nov 2015
In reply to smithaldo:

I'm sure it must roll over - was recently emailed to say I'd been billed 0 euros for a trip up the Midi in October, which was probably the only aller-retour (ie. day trip) I've done this year. Bear in mind that unless you go up and down the same day it will be cheaper to pay for a return trip rather than use the rapid card (for the Midi at least) for which you get billed for the day regardless of how many trips you make in that day.
OP smithaldo 26 Nov 2015
In reply to chris bedford:

I think that its only cheaper to get a single up to grand montets (or lognan) or the plan.

Or, if you are going up to the midi and stopping over, then intend getting the train back from montenvers as that would take two rapid card days.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...