UKC

NEWS: Stefano Ghisolfi climbs Lapsus, Italy's first 9b

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 02 Nov 2015
Stefano Ghisolfi on Lapsus, 9b, Andonno, Italy, 5 kbStefano Ghisolfi has made the first ascent of Lapsus at Andonno in Italy. He suggests 9b, which, if confirmed, means it's the hardest route in the country.

Stefano has been very close on several occasions, falling at the last difficult move, but now it finally came...

Read more
 stp 04 Nov 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Ondra has also just done a new 9b, in France, too. Must be a record year for 9b ascents.
 ericinbristol 04 Nov 2015
In reply to stp:

From 8a.nu
'this was Adam's 13th 9b which can be compared to the runner-up Chris Sharma with 8 routes of this grade. Then there are seven climbers who have done one.'
Mind-boggling how far ahead AO is.
 stp 06 Nov 2015
In reply to ericinbristol:

Yeah AO is amazing. The video of him completing La Dura Dura is the most impressive and intense piece of climbing I've ever seen. Very inspiring.

His quote about the new cliff was also interesting: “This cliff (close to St Leger) is the future, ranked number 2 after Flatanger for me in terms of 9b's (5.15b’s) and more...and it is not secret spot any more...” Probably more accessible than Flatanger with better weather so will be interesting to see development there over the next 12 months.

Of the seven climbers to have done just one 9b I think all but Fernandez/Chilam Balam and Rouhling/Akira were done in the past 12 months. Megos's ascent of Supernova might be added too. It got a slash grade 9a+/9b when converted from the UIAA grade of 11+, but had it been in a different country ...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...