UKC

Freeview Play - is it actually operational.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fraser 04 Nov 2015
Just bought a Panasonic pvr with the new Freeview Play function. Or so I thought! When I try to use the Catch Up services I get a message saying "this service will be available soon". The manual states it starts in October 2015, but a quick trawl of the usual AV forums suggests otherwise.

Has anyone else taken the plunge with Free view Play and is successfully using it?
 Philip 04 Nov 2015
In reply to Fraser:

Had the functionality (catch up players integrated with the EPG so you can go back a few days and press play and if its not recorded it loads from the player) for a couple of years with YouView. It's not new technology, does your box just need an update to activate.
OP Fraser 04 Nov 2015
In reply to Philip:

Yeah, I had a Humax You View box for about 18 months but it became unusable so John Lewis today agreed to a replacement Panasonic unit. I can't scroll back in the EPG so can't trigger the Catch Up facility that way. I'll have a more detailed hunt on line tomorrow in case I'm missing something obvious. I did a software update check and had hoped that that might fix it but it didn't.

I must say the user interface of the Humax was much more intuitive than this new Panny. So far I'm not very impressed.
OP Fraser 05 Nov 2015
In reply to Fraser:

Just in case anyone is interested, Freeview Play won't be operational till sometime near the end of November. (according to Panasonic)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...