UKC

NEWS: Miza za šest, 8c+, by Janja Garnbret (16)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 06 Nov 2015
Janja Garnbret on Masaker, 8b, Kotecnik, Slovenia, 3 kbSlovenian Janja Garnbret, 16, has repeated Miza za šest, 8c+, at Kotecnik, Sovenia. This was the 16 year old's first of the grade.

Janja has had a spectacular season, taking second spot in her first two World Cups, one of which was also the European...

Read more
 stp 06 Nov 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Cool. Janja is definitely a super talented climber and an amazing season. Worth watching the final of the first WC she competed in. Her team mate Domen Skofic was co commentating, describing how good she was, how she'd even out performed him on one route. She then totally lived up to the hype by gracefully cruising the route in great style. A top moment in the WCs I thought.

La Sportiva Legends sounds good. Is this the first year they've had a women's event? Good to hear Jule will be competing again. But would have also been good if Mascarenas had been invited: another very young, super talented climber who would surely be capable of winning. And no Akiyo? Too many talented women to fit in I suppose.
In reply to stp:
Yes, this is the first year La Sportiva Legends Only is a women's event. Next time will be in 2017.
I asked both Megan and Akiyo. Megan couldn't go this year but wants to come next time and Akiyo was already booked on a TNF-trip to Hueco Tanks.
Saying that, I want to emphasize I'm very happy with the line-up!
 Zgemba 07 Nov 2015
In reply to UKC News:

I was lucky to be in Kotečnik last Saturday to witness her ascent firsthand. She simply dominated that route with amazing fluidity and control. She pretty much walked over the roof section and did not appear to be even a bit pumped when turning the lip and going for the anchor.
I have seen many 15-16 year-olds climbing 8a/b routes, but Janja is something else, she really is the next level.
 stp 07 Nov 2015
In reply to stp:

Definitely a great line up and it will be really interesting to see how they do on worked problems rather than the onsight style of World Cup events.
 stp 07 Nov 2015
In reply to Zgemba:

Sounds similar to how she climbed in the WCs. Hopefully she'll be competing in Kranj next weekend.
Removed User 09 Nov 2015
In reply to stp:

She'll be there

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...