UKC

trad climbing partners anglesey

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 leewil86 06 Nov 2015
hi i have been bouldering for a few years but i have recently started to get into trad climbing i am a beginner at trad and have seconded a couple of routes keen to learn more and i am looking for trad climbing partners to learn from and climb with.

cheers.
OP leewil86 10 Nov 2015
In reply to leewil86:

pleeeeeeeeease
 Mick Ward 11 Nov 2015
In reply to leewil86:

Hi, unfortunately I'm a long, long way away but there must be somebody out there who will help you. We all had to start somewhere. I started soloing which is a really bad idea. (Please don't.)

Good luck.

Mick
 philhilo 11 Nov 2015
In reply to leewil86:

Local club would be the obvious start if you have the basics I.e can look after yourself and belay? n wales surely not short of climbers needing a belay? look on Bmc website for list of affiliated clubs. Good luck.
OP leewil86 11 Nov 2015
In reply to Mick Ward:

thanks man im sure i will find something
 starbug 12 Nov 2015
In reply to leewil86:

Have a look at:

http://clwyd.clubmesh.com/

Active for trad climbing in north wales and across the A55 Sport climbing, with trips to Holyhead mountain and gogarth.
OP leewil86 12 Nov 2015
In reply to leewil86:

thanks to everyone so far for there comments and advice i really appreciate it and will follow your suggestions
OP leewil86 12 Nov 2015
In reply to starbug:

thanks they seem like a great little club i will get in touch with them , fantastic!
 Ows 09 Dec 2015
In reply to leewil86:

https://www.facebook.com/Clwb-Mynydda-Mon-397381823605326/?fref=ts

Clwb Mynydda Mon are a recently developed club (operating two years+). Mix of Welsh and English climbers/mountaineers and a mixture of levels.

Worth a shout. They meet every Monday evening at either Indi or beacon and I'm sure will be organising some winter mountaineering.

They will also be getting back on the trad in the spring or any gaps in the weather before then?
In reply to leewil86:

Hi Lee, I am always looking for partners. I'm a Mountaineering Instructor Trainee and looking to get out in the new year to either climb as equals or as an instructor/coach.

Drop me an email anthony@higherclimbing.co.uk

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...