UKC

BMC Peak Area Meeting, AGM & Quiz: 18 November, Grindleford

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Team BMC 09 Nov 2015
Come along to our next gathering of Peak climbers and walkers, to discuss the latest issues and get involved in the work of the BMC.

Rebekah Newman from the Peak District National Park Authority will be attending the meeting to provide an update on the latest developments and answer questions; and it’s the area AGM, so elections will be taking place for various area officer and representative roles. We will also be holding the annual quiz of fun and general chaos with amazing prizes!

Date: Wednesday 18 November 2015, starting at 7.30pm
Venue: The Maynard, Main Road, Grindleford, Derbyshire S32 2HE

The area meetings are run by volunteers and are your chance to join in with debate and influence decisions about what happens in the Peak and rest of the country.

Free supper provided by the BMC. All are welcome.

For more information, and to download the November 2015 Peak Area Newsletter, see the BMC Local Areas site: http://community.thebmc.co.uk/Event.aspx?id=3506
In reply to Team BMC:

I'll be there!
 smithaldo 09 Nov 2015
In reply to Team BMC:
Is this the same night as the hoar of Babylon talk in outside?
In reply to smithaldo:
Unfortunately so, quite disappointed that the Alpine Club didn't check the dates - I would loved to have attended both (but there's no way I'm missing the quiz).

As an aside, Ben Silvestre and Calum Muskett are doing a talk at Jagged Globe this Thursday which will allow you to get the best of both worlds.
Post edited at 17:34
 Offwidth 17 Nov 2015
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Bump for tomorrow. Will team UKC hold off team UKB in the quiz for a second year running or will the hill walkers' stamina win out?
In reply to Offwidth:

Team UKC is somewhat diluted as I'm one of the quizmasters.

That said, I think we've got something good in store to keep everyone entertained - both UKBers and hill walkers alike!
 winhill 18 Nov 2015
In reply to Team BMC:

No mention of the Area Youth Coordinator, I guess that will be covered under AOB?
 Offwidth 18 Nov 2015
In reply to winhill:

On the business side of the meeting all positions are up for re-election if people wish to stand. There are people standing for all the main posts but that doesn't stop others standing (we vote if there is more than one candidate for the main posts) and if people just want to help out there is always have a shortage of access volunteers, especially to cover the limestone areas. There is also the usual access reports and discussions and of course free chips and sarnies
 winhill 18 Nov 2015
In reply to Offwidth:

> There are people standing for all the main posts

Including AYC?

Be nice if the outgoing volunteer got a vote of thanks for 5 years sterling service.

Offwidth 18 Nov 2015
In reply to winhill:

I have no idea about an AYC current or future. I can't recall hearing any report at the meeting in the last year or seeing any input to the newsletter but not everything every volunteer does makes it in detail to the meeting agenda. Maybe you better ask Neil or Lynn.
 Simon 29 Nov 2015
In reply to Offwidth:

Any news on the election results?

Sorry I couldn't make the meeting btw, I keep forgetting to send my apols!

Cheers

Si
 Becky E 29 Nov 2015
In reply to Simon:
> Any news on the election results?

Now in your inbox, and I expect BMC Office will put them online pretty soon.
 Simon 04 Dec 2015
In reply to Becky E:

Thanks Becky & congrats on your new post of Secretary for the Peak Area, I'm sure you will be fabulous!

Si
 Offwidth 04 Dec 2015
In reply to Simon:

"I'm sure you will be"!??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...