UKC

What grade would it be?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Cellinski 22 Nov 2015
Had a discussion at the wall today. I climb ~F8a and boulder ~Fb7A/B or ~V6/7. If i could set a route on the steep, 17m high wall and created it such that I could do every single move of it (at my limit), would avoid any rests and threw in some really burly stuff towards the end, what grade would it be? To whom would it present a challenge?

My guess is that it would be at least F8b+ or maybe even harder. What is your opinion?
Tomtom 22 Nov 2015
In reply to Cellinski:

Depends how burly the burly stuff was. I'd say anywhere between 8a and impossible.
 Robert Durran 22 Nov 2015
In reply to Tomtom:

> Depends how burly the burly stuff was. I'd say anywhere between 8a and impossible.

Impossible? Someone like Ondra would just piss up sustained V6/7.
OP Cellinski 22 Nov 2015
In reply to Tomtom:

I think that it would be way harder than 8a by definition. I occasionally climb that grade, of course there is usually one single section that is hard (for me) and lots of easier terrain before or after, especially on rock. Indoor one might create an 8a stamina fest with continuous moves of the same difficulty, but then the individual moves would be well below my personal limit. I would also tend to say that a route with very continuous V6/7 without any rests (!!!) would be hiking terrain for the very best. But really?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...