UKC

Mixed use helmets, again....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dark-Cloud 24 Nov 2015
I know we did this a while back and I cant remember if the Salewa Xenon came up in he conversation, has anybody used one or own one, experiences, goggle fit, general thoughts ?

Looking for something lightweight that can be used for ski touring with a bit of climbing and protection on the ski down, the Xenon is certified for all of it so seems a good bet, looks light enough and well ventilated to tour in too:

http://www.salewa.com/en/helmet-xenon.html
In reply to Dark-Cloud:
I do not know the Salewa one but recently bought a Alpina Snow Tour dual certified helmet from Sport Conrad. Very comfy, seems robust, only comment (and it is just a comment, not a con) is thatt dual certifieds are wider than climbing helmets - they look wrongly sized. This is purely cosmetic, just be aware that it gives a slightly retro look straigh on. I can't wait to test it for both activities.
Post edited at 13:17
 Hat Dude 24 Nov 2015
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

Have a look at the Simond Calcit from Decathlon.

Fantastic value at 20 quid
 dannymil 24 Nov 2015
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

The Salomon MTN Lab , it's pretty light and fairly current in terms of styling.

The Salewa Vert is another of similar style.

If you by the Xenon will you also be looking for a one piece race suit?
OP Dark-Cloud 24 Nov 2015
In reply to dannymil:

> If you by the Xenon will you also be looking for a one piece race suit?

Ha ha, didn't think it looked too bad with the winter kit on !!

I have an old Giro that I use now but its due for replacement, I use a POC Fornix Backcountry for off piste duties when away, they are really light and very comfortable, just ski rated though otherwise i would just buy another one of those..

In reply to marsbar:

> In reply to richlan

Thanks, that's pretty much a two year old thread, the game has changed since then, although the Salewa is an old one it seems..............
 marsbar 24 Nov 2015
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

I was trying to help, not to suggest it's already been discussed. Xenon is mentioned on that thread.
In reply to marsbar:

No problem, understood !
 dannymil 25 Nov 2015
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

If you are leaning towards the ski side of styling I'd go with the MTN Lab (provided you like yellow or white), it's a little less mushroom like than the Vert.

I was looking for helmets for similar duties at the end of last season, it was a long search that went well into summer, in the end I sacked it off and went for a Salewa Piuma 2 as I couldn't find a MTN Lab in stock anywhere. It's not ski rated, which is strange because Dynafit sell the same helmet with a liner as part of their Radical range, but my biggest concern was ventilation, I got far too hot on tours last year.
 spragglerocks 25 Nov 2015
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

Check out Salewa's new helmet : http://www.salewa.co.uk/en/vert-helmet.html
I am toying with buying one but it's not simple to try one on in the UK. If you go for one of those, I'd be interested to know what you think.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...