UKC

Exercise ideas ala Gimme Kraft

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ianwesterby 09 Dec 2015
Hi. Does anyone know where i might be able to find the list of exercises from the Gimme Kraft book.

Failing does anyone have a link to climbing specific exercises that i can do with gymnast rings, pull up bar. Trx etc.

Thanks.

jsmcfarland 10 Dec 2015
In reply to Ianwesterby:

Yeah, there's a list of exercises from the Gimme Kraft book in the Gimme Kraft book.

Srsly though, try using google. Nobody is re-inventing the wheel here. Pull ups, Dips, inverted rows, muscle-ups, press-ups, various stability/body tension exercises, L-sits. Front levers, back levers, zzzzzzzzzzzz
 galpinos 10 Dec 2015
In reply to jsmcfarland:

> Yeah, there's a list of exercises from the Gimme Kraft book in the Gimme Kraft book.

You took the words right out of my mouth! Gimme Kraft is just a list of exercise, that's all it is!

stp 19 Dec 2015
In reply to Ianwesterby:

The exercises are ranked by difficulty. They're all body weight exercises so to increase difficulty you change the exercise. Some are beginner level and they go up to professional level. So which are useful for you will depend on what level you're at. For instance beginner level might be pull ups, progressing into plyometric, hand clapping pull ups and muscle ups etc.

The training philosophy seems much influenced by functional training and instability training.

If you want the full list best off buying the book. Their names for the exercises (translated from German) are often different to what they're called elsewhere. There's a DVD with all the exercises on too so maybe get a copy of that from someone. Otherwise you can find very similar exercises on various climbing web sites and get further details on Youtube.

There's a ton of good exercises here:

http://www.planetgranite.com/news/category/workout-of-the-week/

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...