UKC

I met my cycling hero !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Newbuild100 13 Dec 2015

I have Just returned from a trek in Southern Spain. Whilst booking into a fairly plush hotel for my last few nights on the coast, I noticed a few official looking guys in "Trek" regalia. My pal who was with me said, wouldnt it be wierd if Fabian Cancellara was with the group. Within a few seconds, he lift door behind us opened and who was there, FC himself !
There was a moment when we couldnt believe the coincidence, and then another when we actually had to ask ourselves if it was really him !
I have to say he was very gracious, signing autographs, and letting us have photos taking with him.

Result me thinks
Post edited at 18:09
 gethin_allen 13 Dec 2015
In reply to Newbuild100:

I thought you were going to say Hans Rey.
OP Newbuild100 13 Dec 2015
In reply to gethin_allen:

There must have been 50 or so in the entourage. And thats for a "Winter" training session and media shoot. lord knows how many there would be for one of the big Tours. !?
 JamButty 13 Dec 2015
In reply to Newbuild100:

Should have asked if he had any spare batteries...
 Chris the Tall 13 Dec 2015
In reply to Newbuild100:

You should have asked who he was

"I'm Fabian Cancellera"

"No, I'm Fabian Cancellera"

Etc etc
 Brass Nipples 13 Dec 2015
In reply to Newbuild100:

We beat the quick stepp team up a Vuelta Col last winter (we had a head start). We chatted with the coach / management till the team reached us. Cavendish wasn't with them, he was sick that day! But they were genuinely interested in how we were finding the Cols and cycling. We were all just guys and girls who liked riding bikes right then not professional and amateur.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...