UKC

Bealach na Ba

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lucy Wallace 15 Dec 2015

Heading up to Torridon for Christmas, and the long range forecast coupled with a shoulder injury mean that we are looking around for some Plan B options. A certain member of the team is obsessed with riding Bealach na Ba. Anyone know what current road conditions are like? Ice at the top? Does it count if you do it on a mtb?
Post edited at 19:09
 DaveHK 15 Dec 2015
In reply to Snoweider:

If there was any ice it will be gone by tomorrow. Then possibly back again of course...
In reply to Snoweider:

Went up there at the beginning of September and nearly froze. Have fun doing that in December! (I wasn't exactly dressed for it I guess)
OP Lucy Wallace 15 Dec 2015
In reply to DaveHK:

Discovered on rooting about on the web that there is a weather station near the summit which is pretty nifty: http://www.weatherhq.co.uk/weather-station/bealach-na-ba-no2-bealach-na-ba-...

Will pack my spare jumper.

Padraig 15 Dec 2015
In reply to Snoweider:

"Anyone know what current road conditions are like? "

You do know it's NOT a road, right?

dek 15 Dec 2015
In reply to Snoweider:

Was on BBC Scotland 'Adventure Show' last week. The presenter was on her road bike, she had hail and snow on the way up! She was also joined by Mark Beaumont who managed to blether to her, all the way up..... should be on iPlayer?
Jim C 16 Dec 2015
In reply to dek:

> Was on BBC Scotland 'Adventure Show' last week. The presenter was on her road bike, she had hail and snow on the way up!

Not sure WHEN that was filmed though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...