UKC

Eastwood Bouldering Access

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SeanSmith 17 Dec 2015
Hi All

So I've been told about Eastwood being really good for bouldering when the weathers not too great. After doing a bit of research, it seems that there's restricted access? I dont know if its private land or something....Could anyone advise whether its ok to head there or am I going to be greeted with huge fences? (could be a fun warm-up)

Thanks All

Sean
 thommi 17 Dec 2015
In reply to SeanSmith:

No huge fences. My understanding is it is part of a farmer's land. I have always been under the impression that as long as you are discrete, and generally abide the countryside code then all is ok. Also if you are doing any of the routes don't whoop and holler at the top of the crag as you're brining up your second. Also park down the road and not by the bit where you enter the wooded area.

Its a lovely place, with some great problems. Have fun.

Ps. I'm sure someone will be along soon to put me right so... caveat - the above is only what I have been told and abided by.
 Aly 17 Dec 2015
In reply to SeanSmith:

I climbed there a lot a few years back, it's technically banned but sensitive climbing has his historically been tolerated, I never had any issues. As above, park at the layby on Alton Lane (not next to the crag) and be discrete. It goes without saying that you should leave if asked.

There's probably some better info on the other channel:
http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php?topic=25370.0
OP SeanSmith 17 Dec 2015
Thanks all, I'll check it out this weekend
 Offwidth 17 Dec 2015
In reply to SeanSmith:

Keep a low profile, leave if asked (unlikely) and don't litter or take you dog like some fools have.
 climber34neil 17 Dec 2015
In reply to SeanSmith:

Its on private land and it's banned, could just be respectful of the land owners wishes and go somewhere else ?
 thommi 18 Dec 2015
In reply to climber34neil:

Ever enjoyed a walk on kinder? these matters are generally better settled by negotiation, have a read of the ukb thread....
 UKB Shark 19 Dec 2015
In reply to SeanSmith:

Access isn't allowed by the landowner who isn't up for any dialogue let alone negotiation despite some local BMC area effort made to reach him this last winter by phone and letter.

As a general rule of thumb if you find yourself in the unfortunate position of being caught trespassing on private land then leave if told speedily, unquestioningly, humbly and politely though keeping your name and address to yourself.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...