UKC

Looking for a mountain leader course

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
MarcJason 19 Dec 2015
Hi,

First of all, I apologise if this is the wrong forum for this. I am a cyclist currently cycling around the world contemplating what the next step in my life will be. I have been a keen mountaineer for some years now and I would like to climb some mountains on my way round. I'll be heading through Russia towards the Himalayas later on in 2016. After that Japan, Australia, new Zealand and then south and north America.

After I have finished I'd like to do something like the mountain leader course but on my cycles it might be good to do a mountain leader type course. Does anyone know what might be a good course to do in any mountain range outside of Europe as I'll be heading out soon.

Kind regards
 sid68 19 Dec 2015
In reply to MarcJason:

I can highly recommend Rob Johnson of Expeditionguide.com for all matters concerning mountaineering and Mountain Leader Training. Good luck.
Bserk 20 Dec 2015
In reply to MarcJason:

If you want to save some money and still get a very good training stick to the national climbing organizations (Alpine Club UK, DAV, OeAV, etc.)
 climbwhenready 20 Dec 2015
In reply to MarcJason:
It's a bit unclear to me what you're trying to do. You want to be a mountain leader, but in the greater ranges? Do you mean that you want to train as an international mountain guide? or what?
Post edited at 14:37

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...