UKC

Camera insurance

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 21 Dec 2015
Conscious of the fact I'm now often 16 pitches up with £4k worth of photography kit hanging around my neck. Does anyone know of a good insurer that protects against been an idiot and dropping said camera 600m?

Assumably the premiums are going to be quite high?

Many thanks for any help in advance...
Removed User 21 Dec 2015
In reply to James Rushforth:

Professional insurance?

I have Europe-wide cover from AXA (France) for my kit (camera, lenses, computer). Covers damage and theft and pays up fast to keep you working. Cost approx 350-400€ for 8500€ of kit (but the policy has quite a high excess). Does not cover accessories such as tripod, bags or cards. I don’t see what difference height would make to my insurance so climbing photography would probably be covered...
 nniff 21 Dec 2015
In reply to James Rushforth:
Not much difference between that and dropping it into the Thames while taking a picture of the Houses of Parliament, or dropping it down a flight of concrete stairs. As far as I am aware, dropping a camera is not an exclusion. On the other hand, leaving it on a park bench while you bought an ice cream might be considered negligent and contributory to its subsequent theft. As long as it's a named item of value on your household insurance it should be covered, but naming it might lead you to conclude that a specific policy would be better

Unlike bicycles.
Post edited at 17:14

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...