UKC

NEWS: CAC Founder John Ellison Passes Away

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 28 Dec 2015
John Ellison receives his Arco Rock Legends Ambassador award, 4 kbJohn Ellison - founder of the charity Climbers Against Cancer (CAC) - has passed away peacefully in his sleep on 27th December after a 4-year battle with terminal cancer. The charity, which was set up to raise funds for cancer research centres around the world, raised an incredible £350,000 in just three years through the sale of t-shirts, hoodies and other merchandise. The sad news was announced on the CAC Facebook page by John's daughter Charlotte.

Read more
In reply to UKC News:

A very positive approach to a very negative condition. I wear 'his' shirts proudly, I'm sure most of the wearers have direct or indirect experience of cancer. R.I.P. John...
In reply to UKC News:

RIP John, your lust for life and helping others was inspirational! Quite an amazing legacy you've left!
In reply to UKC News:

A full tribute piece to John is on its way shortly...
 Marcus Tierney 30 Dec 2015
In reply to UKC News:
I too wear the t shirts with pride and bought some for my mates. I lost my wife to cancer in June of this year. My heart goes out to his family and friends at what I know is a difficult time. You must be proud ,great strength to you.
 Mark Kemball 31 Dec 2015
In reply to UKC News:

John was a lovely bloke - I meet and spoke to him on a number of occasions when my son was competing. I was particularly impressed by the way he was able to speak about his diagnosis and condition and the way he still had such enthusiasm. The cause is particularly relevant to me as my wife is a cancer survivor. RIP.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...