UKC

RIP Lemmy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wilkie14c 29 Dec 2015
In reply to davidbeynon:

First Phil Taylor, now Lemmy

Bet fast Eddie Clarke is shitting himself

Goodnight Lemmy
 DerwentDiluted 29 Dec 2015
In reply to wilkie14c:
> First Phil Taylor, now Lemmy

Overkill
Post edited at 09:53
 The Pylon King 29 Dec 2015
In reply to davidbeynon:

Soon all we will be left with is X factor winners and runners up.
 Dave Garnett 29 Dec 2015
In reply to davidbeynon:

Never a good sign to be woken by Radio 4 playing Ace Of Spades at 6.30 in the morning...
 Chris the Tall 29 Dec 2015
In reply to Dave Garnett:

> Never a good sign to be woken by Radio 4 playing Ace Of Spades at 6.30 in the morning...

Perfect start to the day ! Obviously sad, but he did say "I don't want to live forever" and he made sure of it - a life well lived.
Removed User 29 Dec 2015
In reply to davidbeynon:

Great on Hawkwind's Silver Machine.
 Chris Harris 29 Dec 2015
In reply to davidbeynon:

RIP Lemmy. Saw him live a few times, a pleasure and an honour.

dread-i 29 Dec 2015
In reply to davidbeynon:

RIP Lemmy.
I'm surprised he made it so far.

I remember hearing about how he was sacked from Hawkwind (too much speed, not enough acid) just before their French (?) tour. Rather than being sad or angry, he shagged their girl friends whilst the band were on tour. Rock and roll.
 simes303 29 Dec 2015
In reply to davidbeynon:
Motorhead were the joint greatest band ever in the history of rock and metal, alongside Napalm Death.
And please don't give me any of that Beatles or Stones shite.
Si. x
Post edited at 17:27
 Yanis Nayu 29 Dec 2015
In reply to Chris the Tall:

> Perfect start to the day ! Obviously sad, but he did say "I don't want to live forever" and he made sure of it - a life well lived.

Really?
 Dell 29 Dec 2015
In reply to dread-i:

> RIP Lemmy.

> I'm surprised he made it so far.

70 is bloody old, for him!

Very sad day.
 Big Ger 29 Dec 2015
In reply to dread-i:

> I remember hearing about how he was sacked from Hawkwind (too much speed, not enough acid) just before their French (?) tour.

Canada, border police stopped him thinking he was carrying coke, released him when they found out it was speed and he'd been wrongly charged. Hawkwind still fired him though.
 Big Ger 29 Dec 2015
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> Really?

Yes, really.
 Yanis Nayu 29 Dec 2015
In reply to Big Ger:

Each to their own.
 deepsoup 29 Dec 2015
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> Really?

Deffo.

Not to your taste, maybe, but his life was creative and uncompromising. He was also, incidentally, for all the excesses of his rock-god lifestyle a profoundly decent man much loved and well respected by those around him.

“Death is an inevitability, isn't it? You become more aware of that when you get to my age. I don't worry about it. I'm ready for it. When I go, I want to go doing what I do best. If I died tomorrow, I couldn't complain. It's been good.”

Also:

“I don't see why there should be a point where everyone decides you're too old. I'm not too old, and until I decide I'm too old I'll never be too f*cking old.”

You've got to give him that - he never was too f*cking old. :O)
topout123 29 Dec 2015
In reply to davidbeynon:

Saw Motorhead play a few times in the 70s & 80s. Always guaranteed a great gig. Rock in Peace Lemmy.
Removed User 29 Dec 2015
In reply to deepsoup:
> He was also, incidentally, for all the excesses of his rock-god lifestyle a profoundly decent man much loved and well respected by those around him.

This, and it matters.
Post edited at 23:36
 Big Ger 29 Dec 2015
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> Each to their own.

Indeed.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...